CCV assists members with recruitment of key personnel. Getting the right person for the right role helps clubs deliver better outcomes for their members and the sustainability of the club.
Hobsons Bay Yacht Club
- Vibrant family oriented sport club
- Varied operational management role
- Maximise membership engagement
- Williamstown bayside location with fantastic views
Hobsons Bay Yacht Club Inc. (HBYC) is a family oriented sport club located in the maritime precinct of Williamstown, only 15 minutes from Melbourne CBD. The primary function of the club is to support its over 650 members in the on water and social aspects of both racing and cruising of inshore and offshore yachts.
HBYC conducts a wide range of events for members and their guests including yacht races, training, social events and functions. The club facilities feature a 106 boat marina, 24 boat hardstand, 14 swing moorings, boat maintenance yard and workshop, slipway, lockers, dinghy storage, 10 club boats and a renovated clubhouse with commercial kitchen, bar, lounge and hall that enjoys fantastic views of the city and the West Gate Bridge.
Reporting to the HBYC Committee, the Club Manager has responsibility for the operational management and development of Hobsons Bay Yacht Club Inc. including the day-to-day management of staff, membership and finance.
Major components of the role include the provision of:
- High quality service to HBYC members and the development of community and professional relationships with organisations and individuals outside the club
- Oversee the operation of HBYC including the yard, marina and clubhouse including social events, catering, functions and club events
- Managing the accounting and book keeping activities with a high degree of vigilance
- Financial management aimed at increasing profitability, financial performance and long term sustainability of the club
- Relationship development/management of stakeholders including contractors, local and state government bodies, community organisations and sponsors
- Implementation of the HBYC Strategic Plan
- Staffing, policy and procedures development and training
- Marketing, sponsorship, merchandise and business plan development
- Asset maintenance
To be considered for this role you will be tertiary qualified and/or have strong management experience ideally within a recreation facility or similar membership/service-based or commercial organisation. Your strategic, financial and commercial acumen will enable you to develop and deliver meaningful and well patronised activities, services and programs to best support HBYC members and maximise the use of the Club facilities in both peak and non-peak periods.
You will be a dynamic and proactive leader with the ability to manage staff, contractors and support volunteers whilst building strong networks and relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders and members.
This is a unique opportunity to lead a vibrant sport club that caters to an important niche in Melbourne’s sailing community. A background in sailing or yacht clubs is desirable.