‘The Power of Association’:
CCV cares about clubs, their ability to keep people active and engaged as well as their ongoing sustainability.
Some recent examples of where we assisted clubs include…
- A newly elected club committee person contacted us for information on governance structures given inadequate practices appeared to be in place in her club. CCV was able to identify gaps and provide information on how to meet requirements.
- A new member club was about to be audited for Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing and did not have appropriate procedures in place. CCV was able to provide information and procedures that enabled the club to meet its obligations.
- A member club had taken disciplinary action against a staff member. Using the CCV/SIAG IR/HR telephone support line, the club became aware of procedural shortcomings that may have left it exposed to the risk of legal action by the staff member concerned. We were able to advise on the proper course of action which provided a fair outcome for both the club and the staff member. The result was a win-win – the club now has a better procedural HR framework AND it has retained an experienced staff member without lingering resentment or rancour.
On behalf of our members, CCV negotiates improved financial advantages with suppliers. CCV can assist your club on a day to day basis with:
- Human resource support hotline.
- Industrial relations support hotline.
- Food safety compliance.
- Dispute resolution.
- Governance issues.
- Liquor licensing.
- Government relations advocacy.
- Responsible gambling compliance.
- Networking and learning opportunities.
- Trade referrals advice.