Tabcorp is the exclusive licensee permitted to conduct off-course totaliser (pari-mutuel) wagering activities through licensed premises and agencies in Victoria. Tabcorp’s wagering distribution network operates under the TAB brand and stretches across 2,850 venues in NSW and Victoria, 300 racetracks in NSW, Victoria and Queensland and nationally via online, mobile channels and Tabcorp’s call centre.
CCV and TAB
The Victorian Wagering and Betting licence allows Tabcorp to conduct off-course totalisator and fixed odds betting on thoroughbred, harness and greyhound racing in Australia and selected international events. In addition, this licence allows Tabcorp to conduct betting on approved sporting events, fixed-odds betting on approved non-sporting events and the Trackside product.
Tabcorp’s retail network stretches across 750 venues in Victoria including CCV member clubs. CCV offers support and assistance through its close association and dialogue with Tabcorp and the CCV Wagering sub-committee negotiates directly with Tabcorp on matters relating to wagering services in clubs. CCV and Tabcorp have developed a strong relationship, which has proved beneficial for both parties.
TAB entertainment for your members
TAB has a wagering offer to suit all clubs regardless of the size and design of the venue. TAB products are perfectly suited to the social environment offered by CCV member clubs.
- TAB maintains a strong leadership in the Australian wagering industry – With approximately 43.9% share of the Australian wagering market ,TAB’s leadership position ensures customers benefit from the most innovative range of products and services.
- The full range of TAB bet types – CCV member clubs offer their customer complete access to the full range of TAB wagering products, including all standard and exotic tote products and fixed odds markets on racing and an extensive range of sports.
- The convenience of EBTs – EBTs are TAB’s self service machines and allow customers to place their bets at their own convenience. Both the customer and the venue benefit from self-service machines, customers have reduced waiting periods while club managers can focus on other services their venue provides.
- Additional entertainment – Tabcorp also offers the animated racing game, Trackside which punters often enjoy between races.
- Sky Racing – is a world leader in multi-platform, multi-channel race broadcasting, telecasting more than 85,000 races each year to millions of viewers in Australia and around the globe. Customers in CCV member clubs enjoy Sky Racing 1 and 2.
Clubs interested in discussing the possibility of providing wagering on their premise should contact Tabcorp’s Contract Coordinator on 03 9868 2327.
AML/CTF Requirements for Wagering
In order to comply with AML/CTF requirements and appropriately address risks, staff are required to sight ID for EVERY transaction of $10,000 or more. Please read the following attachment to ensure your staff are adequately trained in this area.
All employees of Wagering outlets in Victoria are required to complete Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) training.
- All existing employees of Wagering outlets (i.e., employees who commenced employment prior to 6 June 2016) will be required to demonstrate completion of AML/CTF by 30 August 2016.
- All new employees of Wagering outlets (i.e., employees who commence employment from 6 June 2016 onwards) will be required to demonstrate completion of AML/CTF within 30 days of commencing work in an outlet.
This AML/CTF training program is additional to any AML related training required under your venue’s AML/CTF Program (which is required for your venue’s operation of EGMs).
To assist outlets/employees to meet this requirement, AML/CTF can be accessed through Tabcorp Training.
Wagering Responsible Gambling Code
Wagering outlets must comply with the Wagering Responsible Gambling Code .
This involves display of appropriate Responsible Gambling Signage .